Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

How do you work out???

 Do you - or don't you???
I really want to be a worker outer.
Yes, that's a word.
I plan it and think about doing it all the time.

Do I do it?
NO.
Once in a while I get on a kick.
I'll do it for like 4 days.
hen I give up.

I just can NOT force myself to make the time!

I could get up early....
but I already get up about 6 to shower and be ready before Arabella gets up or Jimmy leaves.

I could do it during first nap.....
but that's the best time for me to read to the kids or go over school work.

I could do it during second nap....
but that is when I get the house straightened up and any prep work for dinner going.

I could do it t a random time when the baby is up.....
but I tried it and all she wants to do is hug me the entire time.

I could do it when the baby goes to bed....
have you seen me after 8?
It''s time to get any odds and ends finished so I an go to bed.
I do not have energy to work out that late.

I really don't like to get all sweaty during the day.
Things I like to do are:

Kettlebell - this is something that I can do during the day.  It is quick and simple - you don't get too sweaty.

Ballet Bar - This would be my workout of choice - but I don't have room to store it upstairs and the workout needs to be a good 45 minutes, so for now - this is out.

Yoga - I do love to try to fit in my yoga video when I can.  Yoga is probably my favorite workout for the stretching/lengthening of  my muscles.
Power Yoga Total Body with Rodney Yee [Deluxe DVD Edition]
10 minute trainer - I love these DVDs.  They are quick.  You can do one, two, three - whatever you have time for.  I get too sweaty to just randomly do these in the middle of the day.  They are good!
10-Minute Trainer DVD Workout
Treadmill - again takes at least 30 minutes and I get sweaty!!!
Proform 505 CST Treadmill
See all my excuses!?!?!?!?

Well, about 6 weeks ago, Jimmy dragged me kicking and screaming (ok that's a little dramatic, but I was almost crying) to a Boot Camp at a local church.  A friend runs it.  I imagined all these beautiful young people looking amazing while perfectly in sync with some routine.  I was so intimidated!!!

When I got there, I immediately felt comfortable.  There were about 10 people in all different fitness levels, all different ages.  It was fantastic.

We meet every week on Monday and Thursday nights.  It is about an hour long.  Our leader makes a bunch of circuit for us to do while watching our form so we don't have injury.  It is really fun!  You can get competitive with the other people or you can just compete with yourself.  I'm really liking it and looking forward to it helping me greatly after our next baby!

No comments: