Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birthday Re-cap

We had a great night last night for Jimmy's birthday.
Lexi couldn't wait to give her daddy her gifts!
She worked really hard painting a mug for pens and pencils on his desk.

She made it packer colors and all!

Dylan worked on a plate with the girls' handprints.
It had his fingerprints around the edge.

Everyone's name and age were on the back.

We took him to Olive Garden for dinner so he could enjoy his favorite endless pasta and meatballs.
We headed to church after dinner for a night of reflection and celebration of the Lord's Supper.
we ended the night with some ice cream at Coldstone.
Wow, a busy night led to this:


The Love Dare for Parents reminds us of the
huge responsibility we have  in disciplining our kids.
We need to nurture their respect for God.
They need to respect their parents and take them seriously.
Does anyone else see this as something that has gone
terribly wrong in the past few generations???
Today's reading shares a little about how we can
foster that in our children, but it doesn't go nearly far enough.
I am so excited to begin a study at our church with other moms
centered around Shepherding a Child's Heart.
I see in my children's heart that they question my authority as
though they are to answer to me.
That's where I've gone wrong.
In their heart they need to seek to do right by God and
know that consequences come when they stray from that path.
We will be working on it, and I urge you to, too!


Our second day of Bible Study was great today!
I think it is really going to help me in being more disciplined in my
Bible reading and time with God.
I met the ladies in my small group and I think they are fantastic!
What a great year Arabella and I have ahead of us!

I linked up at:

Wise-Woman-Builds


1 comment:

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I know that having children at home and being a homeshool Momma keeps a gal very busy! Thanks for stopping by my Blog. It was so nice to hear from you.
Come visit often so I can get to know you:)
Blessings, Roxy